When life gives you lemons, make lemon mousse.
Lemon is a flavour that I adore and lemon bakes are ones that are super easy to do.
A lemon mousse is not always easy to get right but when the flavour balance right it certainly does taste very good.
This 3 ingredient lemon mousse is a super easy sweet treat to make whilst still being super delicious. These can be made and eaten within 1 hour of making them or the mousses can be left in the freezer/fridge for longer if that suits.
The mousses can last in the freezer/fridge for about 4 weeks but are best consumed within the first few days.
Recipe – Lemon Mousse
|Prep time: 15 minutes||Cook time: 18-20 minutes|
|Serves: 12||Category: Cupcake|
- 300g good quality lemon curd
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 300ml double cream
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl and beat with an electric whisk until it holds its shape (I use my kitchen aid mixer for this), this can take up to 10 minutes.
- Whilst the ingredients are whisking, prepare glasses that the mousse’s will be placed in, for me this made about 12 smaller mousse’s.
- Divide the mousse between the glasses and place in freezer for 30 minutes – 1 hour to set.
- If leaving the mousse’s in the freezer for longer than 30 minutes, ensure to cover them so that the top of the mousse remains fresh.
- The mousse’s can be set in the fridge but this will take a little bit longer (2 hours +).