It is so hard to find good gluten-free cupcakes so I obviously have had to play around with my cupcake recipe.
When I have tried gluten-free cupcakes they were yet to be the same as ‘normal’ cupcakes. I have tried quite a few gluten-free cupcakes and have tested a few different recipes for making gluten-free cupcakes.
This recipe is the best version of gluten-free cupcakes that I have discovered yet. If this changes then I will of course update you as soon as it does.
If you have a cupcake recipe that is gluten-free, then don’t hesitate to send it our way for us to test at Betty’s Bakes. You do so by emailing email@example.com or sending us a message on facebook or instagram.
|Prep time: 15 minutes||Cook time: 18-20 minutes|
|Serves: 12||Category: Cupcake|
- 110g softened butter
- 110g golden caster sugar
- 110g gluten-free self-raising flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g softened butter
- 300g icing sugar
- Sprinkles to decorate (optional)
- Heat oven to 180c/160c fan/gas mark 4. Line a cupcake tray with 12 cupcake cases.
- Whisk butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Then add eggs one at a time and mix in until all combined for each egg.
- Add vanilla extract and sift in flour and mix until mixture is all combined.
- Add mixture to cupcake cases and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown or a skewer comes out clean.
- Then leave to cool on a wire rack until completely cool.
- Mix softened butter and icing sugar together. Then using a piping bag decorate cupcake and sprinkle your desired sprinkles over the top.
- I used birthday parade edible sprinkles from happy sprinkles (i got from here).
- The cupcakes can take between 12-18 minutes to cook depending on the oven used. With my particular oven they take exactly 15 but that will vary.
- If you want to make this recipe with ‘normal’ flour then you can simply substitute the flour and the recipe will work just as well for these cupcakes.