Cookies are for sure one of those bakes that everyone always loves and are so very easy to make.
But… gluten-free cookies often do not taste quite right. In fact most gluten-free bakes seem to have a dry texture to them. So over the last year or so I have experimented a lot with my cookie recipe.
I decided that I could not live without cookies in my life so I HAD to find a way of making them taste amazing *if i say so myself*
This recipe does just that. If you make these cookies then let me know on socials by tagging #bettysbakess Happy baking!
Recipe – Chocolate Chip Cookies
|Prep time: 15 minutes||Cook time: 18-20 minutes|
|Serves: 12||Category: Cupcake|
- 150g salted butter (softened/room temp)
- 80g caster sugar
- 80g light brown sugar
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 225g gluten-free plain flour **
- 1 tsp xantham gum
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100g milk chocolate chips
- 100g white chocolate chips
**If you want to make these cookies with ‘normal’ flour then you won’t need to use xanthum gum.
- First cream together both sugars and butter until all combined.
- Then beat in egg and vanilla extract.
- Sift in flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt and mix until combined. (If using gluten-free flour, add 1 tsp of xanthum gum).
- Add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Now, for the most important step. Divide the cookie dough into cookie dough balls, then place into the freezer for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- About 10-15 minutes before taking the cookies out of the freezer, preheat oven to 180c/160c fan.
- Place cookies onto baking trays and bake for between 16-18 minutes or until they are light brown on edges and slightly soft in the centre BUT not too soft.
- Once they are cooked, leave the cookies to cool for a few minutes on the baking tray.
- This recipe makes around 12 cookies.
- To make each cookie a similar size, I weigh each cookie dough ball.
- If you do not want to cook all the cookies at once, they will last in the freezer for up to 12 weeks but are best baked and consumed within a few days.
They taste absolutely amazing