Who doesn’t love anything biscoff?
Unfortunately I am yet to be able to make biscoff cupcakes or even a biscoff cake gluten-free, that being said I enjoy making biscoff cupcakes and have found a recipe that ALWAYS gets compliments.
I always am being asked to make biscoff cupcakes for almost everyone I knoww!
So if that does not show you how amazing this recipe is then I don’t know what would!
I also used to make these around 18 months ago before I discovered that I had a gluten-intolerance. And these were my favourite cupcakes that I have ever tried, I am desperately trying to create these to be gluten-free and as soon as I do I will share the recipe with you!
Recipe – Biscoff Cupcakes
|Prep time: 15 minutes||Cook time: 18-20 minutes|
|Serves: 12||Category: Cupcake|
- 110g softened butter
- 110g soft light brown sugar
- 100g biscoff spread
- 2 medium eggs
- 110g self-raising flour
- 100g butter
- 200g icing sugar
- 50g biscoff spread
- Biscoff biscuits to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180c/160c fan/ gas mark 4. Line a cupcake tray with cases.
- Mix butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add biscoff spread and mix until all combined.
- Add eggs and whisk until all ingredients have come together.
- Mix in self-raising flour.
- Divide the mixture between 12 cupcake cases and bake for between 16-20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- For the buttercream, mix the butter and icing sugar until they begin to combine then add in biscoff spread and continue to mix.
- Once the cupcakes are cooked, leave them in the cupcake tray for 10 minutes and then place the cupcakes onto a cooling rack.
- When the cupcakes have completely cooled, pipe the icing onto the cupcakes. Then crumble a few biscuits over the icing and then you can place a full biscuit onto the cupcake if you wish to.
- These biscoff cupcakes are not gluten-free as the spread used within them is not gluten-free.
- These cupcakes can be made using less biscoff spread, for example you could use around 50g of biscoff spread. I personally think that using around 100g of biscoff spread in these cupcakes works best for making the flavour strongest.