This year is flying by so quickly, I can’t believe that it is nearly Halloween. I wanted to create some fun but not too scary as I find lots of halloween bakes are just too scary so this super simple take on spiders web/pumpkin cupcakes is just that a bit of fun.
Halloween is coming up very soon so why not try baking some of these cupcakes!
|Prep time: 15 mintues||Cook time: 18-20 minutes|
|Serves: 12||Category: Cupcake|
- 175g Butter
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 175g gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1 pinch xanthum gum
- 1tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of sugarflair orange colouring – check name?
For the decoration:
- 150g Butter
- 300g Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp of orange colouring.
- 1tsp of black food colouring.
- Pre-heat oven to 180c/160c Fan/Gas Mark 4. Line a cupcake tray with cases.
- Mix the butter and sugar together until it is smooth and creamy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, ensuring they are mixed completely each time.
- Add the flour, xanthum gum and vanilla extract and mix until all combined.
- Mix in the food colouring until the perfect orange colour has been created.
- Spread the cupcake mixture into the cupcake cases and bake for 18 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes in tray and then place on a wire rack to completely cool before decorating.
- To make the butter-icing, mix the butter and icing sugar well until completely combined and smooth. Then separate into 2 bowls, into one bowl add the orange colouring and the other add black food colouring.
- Once cupcakes are cool, pipe the orange icing onto the cupcakes. Then using the black icing create a spiders web on each cupcake and enjoy!
- I used Sugarflair colour paste for the orange colouring for both the cupcakes and icing.
- I used Dr. Oetker Black food colour gel to make the spiders web.