These TRIPLE Chocolate Cookies are perfect for ALL chocolate lovers!
These cookies are ones that I have frozen for a couple of hours and then baked for about 20 minutes until they were crunchy on the outside but still slightly gooey in the middle!
But everyone likes cookies differently, some people prefer their cookies to be super gooey, and if this is the case then the cookies simply need less baking time.
Cookies are fun to bake but they can often spread on trays. This can happen when the ratio of ingredients varies, the best way to prevent this from occurring is by freezing the cookies before baking. This ensures that the cookie dough balls are completely formed, it is this that stops the spread of the cookies during the baking time.
Recipe – Triple Chocolate Cookies
|Prep time: 15 minutes||Cook time: 18-20 minutes|
|Serves: 12||Category: Cupcake|
- 125g Butter
- 100g Light brown sugar
- 100g Caster sugar
- 1 Medium Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 25g Cocoa Powder
- 225g Gluten-Free Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 100g White Chocolate Chips
- 100g Milk Chocolate Chips
- 100g Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 180c/160c Fan/Gas Mark 4 and line baking trays with baking paper.
- Mix together the butter and both sugars until all combined.
- Mix in the vanilla extract and the egg until throughly combined. Then add in cocoa powder, flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt until cookie dough is formed.
- Fold in all the chocolate chips.
- Place cookies onto baking trays to bake. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and leave on the tray to cool for around 10 minutes and then enjoy!
- These cookies can be frozen before being baked, if doing this then it is important to ensure they are frozen for at least 1 hour and then baked for around 18-20 minutes.
- If NOT freezing the cookies then you will need to bake them all at once, but the frozen cookies can be kept in the freezer for around 4 weeks before needing to be baked.
- If you like crunchy cookies then I would recommend baking the cookies for an extra few minutes (around 16 minutes).
- If you like gooey cookies then I would recommend baking the cookies for a few minutes less (around 10 minutes)
- The cookies will last around 5 days after baking as long as they are kept in an air tight container.